£1.00 per portion if you leave off the bacon, serves 2
This is a twist on a plain tomato sauce and pasta recipe. The roasted pepper gives a sweet taste, and the paprika a rich smokey flavour.
I usually make a large batch and store in the freezer, perfect for the nights when we don’t have much time or are too tired to cook.
Kids tip: blitz in a blender for the vegetable dodgers!!
Buy / Pricing
Tinned Tomatoes x1
Peppers (Red or yellow) x2
Smoked Bacon x4
Paprika 2 Tablespoons
Dijon mustard 1 Tablespoon
Garlic x2 cloves
Shopping Cost £4.70
Recipe Cost £2.63
Cost per person £1.30
Preheat the Oven 180C (340F) / Boil Kettle
Dice Peppers, chop Bacon / Basil
Add Peppers to oven, 20/25 mins
Cook Bacon, mix in Tomatoes, Paprika, Garlic & Basil. Simmer
Cook Pasta, 10 mins
Mix Peppers with Sauce
Serve with pasta & parmesan (optional)
** Sauce can be frozen **
- 7 Books For Financial Freedom
- The 5 Steps to Wealth, EatSaveLive’s Guide to Early Retirement
- Why I’m Using An ISA To Build Wealth
- Financial Independence Day 25/4
- 10 Expenses Everyone Should Know When Buying A House
- What Is A Credit Score and How Does It Work?
- What Will I Do After Early Retirement?
- The Ugly Truth: The Costs Of Working
- What Is Financial Independence?
- How My Workplace Pension Could Make £1,000,000
- Chicken Broccoli Pasta Bake Recipe
- What Does A Millionaire Look Like?
- My Money Or My Life
- Pasta Sauce Recipe with Sweet Peppers
- How To: Keep Bagels Fresh
- My Minimalism Story : Minimalistic Meaning
- How To: Dauphinoise Potatoes Recipe
- Upside Down Lazy Peach Cake Recipe
- How To: Cooking Bacon in the Oven
- Healthy Pizza Recipe Texas BBQ Chicken Pizza
- All Posts (33)
- All Recipes (18)
- Live (2)
- Money (15)